Research – Christiano Couceiro
Posted December 8, 2010on:
- a 31-year-old illustrator and graphic designer
- lives in Lisboa, Portugal
- collage’s vintage papers with contemporary images the old-fashioned way
- with glue and scissors
- -hether she follows that hand work with scanning and digitizing the pieces seem likely, as the translucent, overlapping sections would be difficult otherwise.
- has a fresh style that looks and feels effortless
- a style that harkens back to the birth of modernism.
- has a beauty to it based on her own sense of mathmatical formulas, grids, balance, vintage ephemera, typography and numerals.
- combines geometric structures, simple palettes and vintage photography to great effects
- illustrates for the The New York Times Weekend Section.